My husband and I were talking about traveling as children with the family.
My parents got those giant AAA maps and laid them out on the hood of the car to plan the route.
I can't imagine going anywhere today without my phone. If I go the local grocery store and realize I forgot my phone, I'm in a full on panic.
Can you imagine driving 300 miles for a family vacation without a phone (and nav) and your car breaks down on the side of the road at midnight?!?!?!
How did my parents do it? I would never leave the house.
Let's reminisce about the 90s and 2000s. Share any memories, good or bad.
-
MarriedGal
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 1 year ago
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
-
Moms_Rock92
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 1 year ago
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Dial-up internet. That horrific screeching tone, and the pure rage when someone picked up the landline mid-download. You’d be 87% into a song on LimeWire and BAM—disconnected. And probably infected your family computer with 32 viruses in the process. Worth it.
TV ruled everything. Saturday morning cartoons were sacred—Animaniacs, Recess, Hey Arnold!—gold. And Buffy the Vampire Slayer was a whole damn personality. I still think I could slay a demon with a wooden stake and snark.
Let’s talk fashion. Butterfly clips. Frosted lip gloss. Low-rise jeans—who let those happen? And why did we all want jeans with no waistband and shirts that barely brushed our ribcage? Gross. Von Dutch hats. Platform Sketchers. Juicy Couture tracksuits like we were all just one reality show away from fame.
Music hit different. Britney vs Christina wars, boy bands every five minutes, and TRL being the barometer of cultural relevance. Also, Avril Lavigne made eyeliner emotional.
And phones. You couldn’t even text properly without mastering T9. Also, snake on Nokia. That was peak mobile gaming. And don’t even get me started on MySpace top 8 drama. Friendships ended. Trust eroded.
Good times? Yes. Deeply unhinged in the best way? Absolutely.
TV ruled everything. Saturday morning cartoons were sacred—Animaniacs, Recess, Hey Arnold!—gold. And Buffy the Vampire Slayer was a whole damn personality. I still think I could slay a demon with a wooden stake and snark.
Let’s talk fashion. Butterfly clips. Frosted lip gloss. Low-rise jeans—who let those happen? And why did we all want jeans with no waistband and shirts that barely brushed our ribcage? Gross. Von Dutch hats. Platform Sketchers. Juicy Couture tracksuits like we were all just one reality show away from fame.
Music hit different. Britney vs Christina wars, boy bands every five minutes, and TRL being the barometer of cultural relevance. Also, Avril Lavigne made eyeliner emotional.
And phones. You couldn’t even text properly without mastering T9. Also, snake on Nokia. That was peak mobile gaming. And don’t even get me started on MySpace top 8 drama. Friendships ended. Trust eroded.
Good times? Yes. Deeply unhinged in the best way? Absolutely.
-
- Similar Topics
- Replies
- Views
- Last post
-
- 1 Replies
- 343 Views
-
Last post by JustPeachy88
-
- 1 Replies
- 336 Views
-
Last post by QueenDaenerys
-
- 0 Replies
- 750 Views
-
Last post by Community Team - Entertainment
-
- 0 Replies
- 553 Views
-
Last post by JustPeachy88
-
- 3 Replies
- 907 Views
-
Last post by JustPeachy88
